Saturday 16 September 2017

Kingfishers are Back at Seasalter

12th

A change of scenery led me to Grove Ferry where after a longish wait the kingfisher put in a short appearance but the perch is now surrounded by vegetation which makes the bird turn its back to the hide as it looks further out into the water to seek prey. However, I managed a few poor shots.



On the walk back a comma was sitting high up on a branch sunning itself but not placed well for a photo.



13th

A very short visit to SS, it was blowing like hell and not to my liking but a look over the pumping station dyke revealed a kingfisher and driving up to the Sportsman PH I noticed the rook was back on the seawall near the YC. After to that it was back to more homely comforts.

14th

Seasalter again and I counted 260 ringed plovers on the high tide beach roost, remarkable that no one came along the beach to flush them. I then had another look for the chats but only saw one of each plus a couple of kestrels.

15th

This morning I was again at SS but just messing with the camera but saw a big flock of tatty goldfinches and linnets plus a buzzard. One other thing I saw was a small hovercraft, most unusual,  to where did all that engineering disappear?






 Linnet


Nearly up to date!

No comments: