Tuesday 28 November 2017

Downs And Not Many Ups

17th Nov.

Another try to see the 'bigger' snow bunting flock but the legs ran out of steam as I was told they had flown towards Minnis, well beyond Cold Harbour.  However, I made do with a couple of grey plover shots and it was nice to see two red admirals flying along the seawall.


!8th

I didn't move myself to go and see the red-necked phalarope straight away but I thought today I would go and see it.  Oh no, .....it went last night! Spent a pleasant morning with fellow dippers Les Woodward and Pete Kesby finding 4 bullfinches on the Pegwell site.

19th

Home ground at Seasalter today seeing 2-3K knot on the mudflats then a quick dash to Hampton and not seeing the purple sandpiper, just 5 redshank and c.12 turnstones.

A beautiful afternoon so took up position against a breakwater at Seasalter and waited as the tide went out and took shots of the birds as they came in to feed on the freshly exposed mud.




 3 Juvenile Brents the most I Have Seen This Autumn





 Good numbers of Bar-tailed Godwits

2 shooters on the back pasture - golden plovers in the foreground

No comments: