Thursday 11 January 2018

Stormy Seas at Hampton and the Seasalter List

4th
Stormy sea at Hampton, this shot was taken two hours after high tide!



6th January 2018

My second visit to SS hoping to add adding some more species to the poor effort on the first of January when rain stopped play after an hour and a half (for me that is).  It was a grey day with low cloud as I made my first stop along SS Lane and in one of the horse paddocks there were five stock doves to add to the list, otherwise very quiet.   Onto the seafront and the plots where I added 2 meadow pipits, 1 gadwall, 1 cetti's and 2 goldcrests to the list and from the beach c.2000 knot, c.750 black-tailed godwits and nine shelducks all new for the year.  Moving up to the LNR I messed about with the camera plus converter for a while in the dim light but there were very few birds posing and a complete waste of time.  Back to the car and I drove to the 'rise' leading down to the chalets where I sat and had my coffee, all quiet but for another goldcrest in a bush across the road.

PM
A short visit to Hampton to continue with my camera and converter tests finding a couple of sanderlings and one purple sandpiper.



1 comment:

Sathish Kumar said...

Awesome post, great message, and phenomenal pictures!